E-commerce presents new opportunities, but also new challenges to businesses that are serving customers not only locally, but nationally and internationally. At Jacobs & Burleigh, we have the knowledge and experience to help you develop and maintain your wesbite in compliance with applicable law. We can help you with all phases of e-commerce, including:
- Trademark development and protection
- Purchasing and protecting your domain name
- Domain name sales, leases and disputes, including cybersquatting disputes
- Web site development deals and disputes
- Developing web site terms and conditions and privacy policies
- Compliance with the federal CAN SPAM Act and related state legislation
- Internet advertising
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) safe harbor compliance
- Childrens' Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) compliance
- Issues relating to the use of the intellectual property, including trademarks, of others
- Data encryption and protection standards
- Software development, protection and licensing
- Online contract formation and click-wrap agreements
After your website is launched, we can continue to engage in periodic review, not only ensure that you are kept up to date with all changes in the law, but also to ensure that you do not violate the rights of any third parties, including copyright, trademark, and rights of publicity and privacy.
Call 212-207-8787 or send an e-mail to arrange for a consultation.